Urban Clean will continually assess the quality of our service delivery and reputation in our market place and strive to maintain it at a level consistent with leadership in our industry. Our aim is to provide a high quality service and customer satisfaction.
This will be achieved by:
- Commitment to continuous improvement in all areas through a framework of comparing performance against measurable objectives and ongoing process review in monthly Management Review Meetings;
- Recognising the importance of the qualifications, skills and experience of our personnel in the provision of services to our customers and taking care to ensure high levels of staff competency through training provided on-the-job as well as externally;
- Maintaining a Quality System that is consistent with the requirements of ISO9000:2015 as well as all legislation and contractual requirements;
- Everyone in the company including Managers, Supervisors being committed to our Quality Policy. Quality is emphasised in training session with the Staff;
- Reviewing the Quality Policy at least annually, along with the overall effectiveness of the quality management system.
UC is committed to providing a safe environment for all workers and the general public, to eliminating incidents and injuries and continuous improvement of our safety system.
This will be achieved by:
Compliance with all statutory and regulatory obligations as a minimum and pursuing best practice applications beyond these. Standards and legislation will include the following:
- Workplace Health and Safety Act 2011 No 10;
- Workplace Health and Safety Regulation 2011;
- Workers Compensation & Rehabilitation Act 2003;
- Work Health and Safety Act 2011 (Nationally adopted OHS Legislation);
- Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011 (Nationally adopted OHS Regulation);
- Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004;
- Occupational Health and Safety Regulations 2007 (Vic);
- Occupational Safety and Health Act 1984;
- Occupational Safety and Health Regulations 1996;
- Workplace Health and Safety Act 1995;
- Workplace Health and Safety Regulations 1998.
- Designing business models and systems that are safety focused
- Providing and maintaining work processes, systems and information, instruction, education, training and supervision to ensure the health and safety of workers and others to the workplace
- Consulting with staff, on a regular basis, to identify and control risks.
- Maintaining plant and equipment to a safe operating condition.
- Isolating defective or dangerous equipment until fixed.
- Providing and maintaining a framework of reporting and reviews that facilitates a comparison of performance to measurable objectives and reviewing the results in monthly Management Review Meetings.
- The WHS Policy will be reviewed at least annually to ensure it continually reflects legislative requirements and organisational needs.
- All franchisees and staff must read, understand and implement Urban Cleans’ Policy Statement and comply with the relevant supporting documents e.g. SWMS.
Urban Clean is dedicated to environmentally responsible practices aimed at the elimination of pollution and we are committed to going well beyond the minimum legal standards.
This is achieved by:
- Complying with all applicable environmental laws and regulations and standards including ISO14011:2015 in a commercially effective way. We will also comply with any Principal Contractor or Customer requirements for environmental protection on their work sites where the standards meet or exceed our own;
- Ensuring staff and franchisees are educated and motivated to conduct activities in an environmentally responsible manner;
- Environmental Policy is communicated to staff during training and to the public through our website;
- Working with our suppliers to gain commitment to environmentally friendly options to the normal process;
- Using only low impact chemical products – biodegradable and non-toxic, where they exist and where practicable;
- Recycling paper and equipment where possible;
- Reducing the amount of energy used – particularly by switching off lights in areas not being cleaned;
- Using disposable micron filter bags in our vacuum cleaners;
- Using static cloths for dusting;
- Operating low impact cleaning machinery that reduces noise emissions, dust and chemical waste;
- Following correct procedures for rubbish removal and waste disposal;
- Ensuring hazardous substances are stored correctly;
- Recycling containers wherever possible;
- We aim to minimise our impact on the environment, by setting measurable objectives and reviewing our performance;
- Commitment to continuous improvement of our environmental management system and ongoing elimination of pollution through a framework of reporting, analysing trends and reviewing our objectives and the efficiency of the environmental system in monthly Management Review Meetings;
- Our Environmental Policy and Management System will be reviewed at least annually for relevance and effectiveness.